1. GOGGLES. Swimmers must provide their own goggles. Swimmers need to bring goggles to all practices and to meets. It's advantageous to have a back-up pair.
2. SWIM CAP. Swim caps are required for both practice and meets. ONLY CGST CAPS ARE ALLOWED AT SWIM MEETS. Latex CGST caps are provided free of charge. You can purchase a silicone CGST cap if preferred. Or, personalized CGST caps (with your last name on side of cap) can be ordered before or during Gator Gear Day. See below.
3. SWIM SUIT (Racing suit). Please note, team suit is NOT required, though many swimmers do enjoy purchasing the team suit. If you do not opt to buy a team suit, we recommend a black or green suit for meets.
Labeling all swimwear, team shirts, and towels with a permanent marker will help reduce lost summer inventory!
Our Vendor for 2017 is Freestyle. They will only be at the pool one time on TBD for suit fittings (with suits ready to be purchased). If you cannot come on this day, but you want a team suit, you can visit Freestyle at 475 Westfield Rd in Charlottesville at anytime.
Gator Gear Day is TBD at Crozet Park Pool
Here is the process for ordering personalize swim caps this 2016 season:
1. All orders need to be in by Gator Gear Day. This is the absolute deadline!
2. Cost of caps is TBD.
3. A minimum of 2 per name must be ordered, but any quantity over 2 is possible (3, 4, 5, etc).
4. Please send an email to TBD with the quantity you would like and the name you would like on the cap, or come to Gear Day to complete order in person.
5. Payment must be made via check, made out to CGST. It can be put in the Gator Gear folder at the pool. Payment is needed by Gator Gear Day to place the order.
6. We anticipate caps to be in my the first meet, but not earlier. You will be notified by email once they are in.